The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas? EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas? EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas? EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas? EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas? EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas?

4 posters

Go down

Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas? Empty Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas?

Post  agent1a Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:33 pm

Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas?

thinking about the tuscany or arches and the mountain lake

http://www.sears.ca/product/environmental-graphics-mountain-view-decorative-wall-mural/630-000433680-C872

http://environmentalgraphics.com/wall-murals.cfm

you can even upload your own picture and get it made into a giant wall mural - )
http://www.muralsyourway.com/

thanks
agent1a
agent1a

Back to top Go down

Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas? Empty Re: Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas?

Post  East Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Nice, Where are you considering displaying it?
East
East

http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas? Empty Re: Any of you guys put up one of these - any tips etc are they good up close - should i get cheap 80 lb paper or vinyl or most expensive canvas?

Post  agent1a Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 am

im thinking on doing 3 separate ones in the house but the first will be in the finished basement - thinking the mountain lake for that one but i can change my mind if you guys like some others on those pages - so many to choose from
agent1a
agent1a

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:53 am

I've never seen one in person, but I could see it being a fun addition to a man cave.

For printing, I would stick to good quality stock. You might want to talk to a printer as different papers absorb ink differently, which can affect overall colour saturation. Generally speaking, you'll want a gloss finish and something heavy like 120-pound paper (or heavier). Heavier paper will also resist curling as it ages. Depending on how you're affixing to the wall, you might want to consider dry mouting the mural on a board first (think what you'd see on display at a trade show -- this need not be thick board or expensive). Again, it will help with longevity.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:02 am

Just knock out the wall instead.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:38 am

Pretty sure agent lives in southern Ontario. He's not getting much for mountain scenery.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  agent1a Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:32 am

thats for sure, Seamaster has the mountains nearby though.

also if im not mistaken i think that's maligne lake in jasper park if i remember correctly as i used to ride my mountain bike to the top of it a few times.
agent1a
agent1a

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum