The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
My voodoo collection EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
My voodoo collection EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
My voodoo collection EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
My voodoo collection EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
My voodoo collection EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
My voodoo collection EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
My voodoo collection EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
My voodoo collection EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
My voodoo collection EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My voodoo collection

+10
ethelred
Liquid_Cooled
agent1a
Rozzinator
Jegersnutse
East
Iago
PhotoOtaku
Seamaster
ADOR
14 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

My voodoo collection Empty My voodoo collection

Post  ADOR Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:01 am

I have looked around here for a little bit and now that I am back home from work time for to post some pictures of my voodoo collection up. I didn't have the money for a voodoo way back, but I have finally got my hands on a few now.

M355
M360
M780
Ma538(my sons)

I hope one day to have a voodoo desktop or two.

M355
The M355 is from ebay. It works but the monitor looks funny. May need to change out the inverter. I have two parts CL-50 now so that will be done when I get a chance. The mother board was changed out too before I got it. I have a 2.0 CPU
to upgrade it too also next time I crack it open. I need to color match the speaker covers for the side. They are from a standard CL-50 and are silver color. Just a little touch up paint to get it closer than what it is. It came with the original print out of the performance with it.

My voodoo collection 5855320881_08232c88cf_z
My voodoo collection 5855872928_74e8ec58b3_z
My voodoo collection 5855874630_d196ff1470_z

M360
This is my first one. Dead mother board. I looked for several months to get a CL-56 for a good price to fix the voodoo with. After much reading I took a chance on CL-50 that worked, but was missing ram, harddrive, etc. First try was with the CL-50 mother board and the ati 9600 card. Wouldn't boot. Then I put the ati 9000 card into the voodoo case. The mouse pad connector was different. So I wound up putting the CL-50 motherboard, 9000 video card and pad into the voodoo downgrading it to M355 specs. The voodoo already had a 2.0 CPU, 100 GB 7200 RPM harddrive and 1GB of ram and it all worked. This voodoo came with the factory restore disks and paperwork. It turns out a old voodoo member named K-TRON use to own it. Who I got it off of on ebay. It is back working good. I may upgrade it back too M360 specs if I can ever find a CL-56 to part out.

My voodoo collection 5855865834_90dcaab383_z
My voodoo collection 5855317305_a7c0c70315_z
My voodoo collection 5855319031_1f8b77cb45_z

M780
I got this one off ebay 3 months ago. I missed the original auction, then it was put up by the new owner. It worked when I got it, but in shipping the inverter or backlight got broke. You can see the image with a flashlight. Just haven't broke it open to fix it yet. It still has the dual harddrives, 3.4 P4 CPU and 9600 video card.

My voodoo collection 5855310231_5d9d19cf5c_z
My voodoo collection 5855311931_978c1522cd_z
My voodoo collection 5855863978_9a3e4c3f18_z

All three
My voodoo collection 5855876640_4b19c373b5_z

Ma538
The very first voodoo I purchased about 2 years ago. It was my son's first laptop. It didn't have a scratch on it, had factory book, restore disks and paperwork. I make him take good care of it. Maybe when I get a new video card for the Alienware I have on the shelf in my room I will give it to him and put the voodoo up.

My voodoo collection 5855881610_0b2673aae2_z
My voodoo collection 5855332419_8b68a0ec03_z

ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

My voodoo collection Empty Re: My voodoo collection

Post  Seamaster Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:16 am

Welcome and thank you for sharing.

East and PhotoOtaku are great resources when it comes to laptops (including Voodoos) and will be able to provide advice to help you with your restoration efforts, should you require it. The rest of us can only help with banter.

And some of us remember K-TRON well.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  PhotoOtaku Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:36 am

Nice collection!!!

I'm more of a desktop resource, btw.

...and K-Tron will be graduating from RPI soon, ...we might be losing him to architecture.

PhotoOtaku

http://twitter.com/Photootaku

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks for sharing the photos. Helluva collection. We will have to wait for East to weigh in on the laptops.

PO: Does that mean that you have no experience with AVA Direct and laptops?

Seamaster: BAG.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  PhotoOtaku Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:58 pm

No I bought a Clevo D900F from them, it was the first i7 laptop to be offered back in 2009. I sold it about a year later, never a hiccup. Otherwise, I mainly buy parts from them.

edit: in hindsight, should have kept it and painted it, ...but I found someone who wanted it for a good price.

PhotoOtaku

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks guys. I have been doing what I can with them and will do more to them later on. I am sure I will have a question or two for them. I still looking at adding a desktop to my collection. If i can't find one I plan on getting a case that is close to them and modding it too look like a voodoo. Not to the point where it is a exact copy, but to look like it was something voodoo could of made. I still plan on adding more to the collection as time goes on, but won't be paying blood money for them like this m780 that sold a few days ago on ebay. I started the bid, but for the shape it was in, i passed as the price went up. voodoo on ebay I guess I have got a little pickier as I have a few now, lol.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  East Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Hmm I have been preoccupied the past few days.

I remember seeing both your 355 and 360 for sale when they were on ebay. Its nice to know where they ended up. The m360 was k-trons. He never was able to locate a replacement motherboard for it.

The m780's back light switch is prone to sticking. You may want to check that before you start replacing parts. Need be let me know I have a lot of spare parts for that model. (The cabling and inverters are not interchangeable between m780's with matte and glossy finish lcds)

I did see that yellow m780 on ebay. The starting price + shipping was way to much given its over all condition. For that reason I did not even bid. My condolences to the sucker that bought it. I sniped my blue m780 a while back for $60ish it arrived in fair condition and wasn't missing anything except the power adapter. (It did however need a motherboard)

You can see some of my collection in my project thread. You will have to dig back a few pages though.
East
East

http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Hey east. As a matter of fact I have your project page bookmarked. Lol. Well on that ebay voodoo I did the starting bid of 50 on it, didn't really think anyone else would want it. The guy I bought the blue voodoo m355 from is the one that sold the m360 that was orange and had the original box with it. I was getting ready to head back to work and didn't have the money. Before he put it on ebay he offered it to me for 400, dam the luck, lol. Can't remember what it sold for but it was a lot more than what he offered it to me for. I emailed k-tron back after I got the voodoo through ebay when I found the thread on notebookreview on where he was trying to fix it. Emailed him some pictures of it back to life. Figured he would like to see it going after all they time of fighting with it. I have the other parts mothballed and looking at getting a reflow station to add to my tools. I might give it a try on the voodoo mother board and test it out in one of the CL-50's I got for parts now.

I will have to look and try for that light switch, thanks for the heads up on that. But it may be the inverter, the guys had it wrapped good in bubble wrap and in a oversized box. When I got it it had been dropped so hard the place next to the battery that is screwed in was popped loose. I had to take it apart to make it go back together right. I was debating on a non factory upgrade if it was the inverter or bulb, maybe not. Here is what I had in mind. lcd ( seem to have become addicted to playing with toughbooks too, If you ever run across a model CF-51 with factory core duo 2ghz for cheap snatch it up. It has a removable socket and can be upgraded to core 2 duo, motherboard can handle 4 gb of ram and it has a ati 1300 motherboard. Also the cf-51 with factory 2.0 ghz single core has x300 video with max 2gb of ram the rest of them are intergrated graphics) That is what I carry back and forth to work with me now.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:29 pm

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss. Thank You East!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is what the problem on the M780 was. The back light switch was stuck. Now I don't have to crack the case.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  East Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:28 pm

It is possible to do a nice tribute case. I have seen a few now. Ill have to see if I can find the blackbird tribute that was posted on thenextbench a while back but here is the omen one for now. It shouldn't be too hard to do something like this provided everything is layed out on the case first

My voodoo collection DSC01047

My voodoo collection DSC01045

My voodoo collection DSC00998

My voodoo collection DSC01075

My voodoo collection DSC01097

My voodoo collection DSC01112

My voodoo collection DSC01109

My voodoo collection DSC01017

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=703539&page=217

The link to the custom blackbird case was originally posted here:
http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/Desktops/Wanna-be-HP-BlackBird-cases-starting-to-hit-the-market-Smells/m-p/26054

Ill have to go through the links on my old install and find it if I get some time as that page is long since dead.

They are modified lian li cases. The final generation of omen used a completely custom made silverstone case. You can find the same mobo orientation on the raven and my personal favorite the fortress ft-02.

I was thinking about buying that green envy with booting issues that was for sale earlier this month but well getting my floor pan welded in comes first.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:42 am

I will be curious to see what you do with my RAGE case whenever I make a final call on the new laptop.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  East Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:36 am

Yeah. I have been tossing around some ideas in preparation of owning it. I am leaning toward a sandybridge build but it is hard to justify it since I have the 1366 omen. In the very worst case I will wait out sandybridge and build it as the next generation that comes out.

This is about the only one I have seen rebuilt so far. I dont care for the way the blue and white gigabyte board looks inside the case nor do I like the fact he got rid of the lightbox plastic but I guess its a matter of taste.

My voodoo collection IMG_0348
My voodoo collection IMG_0351
My voodoo collection IMG_0365
My voodoo collection IMG_0350
My voodoo collection IMG_0357
My voodoo collection IMG_0359

East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  PhotoOtaku Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:53 am

I don't think I like the tautness of the Asetek's hoses, aesthetically.

I have Kenji's old Rage case, I was thinking of sticking an Atom in there.

PhotoOtaku

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:01 pm

God knows Kenji has stuck enough in there!

For the record, I think that I mentioned it but mine is also black with a red interior. Looks nearly identical to that one.

Any thoughts what you might be willing to pay for the case? I will sell it guts and all, but the guts are pretty much worthless at this point. (Not sure what it would cost to ship something like that . . . )
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  East Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Another idea I had for your rage case is maybe I will build a controller interface circuit for game controllers that fits in 1 or 2 5.25" bays and use that for my arcade pc instead of the s3100n thing I was planning. It seems a lot more logical and the door hides all of the ports when they are not in use. If has the potential to be a nice mod because you don't have to physically modify the case in any way, Its just a matter of building a 5.25" peripheral. The entire device can interface with the motherboard using only one front side usb connector. (Even if that means hiding a usb hub inside of it)

Something like this:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-Sega-Genesis-Controller-Ports-for-your-PC/

But with other consoles as well.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  East Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Iago wrote:
Any thoughts what you might be willing to pay for the case? I will sell it guts and all, but the guts are pretty much worthless at this point. (Not sure what it would cost to ship something like that . . . )

PM sent
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:07 pm

PhotoOtaku wrote:I don't think I like the tautness of the Asetek's hoses, aesthetically.

And here I thought the Falcon Northwest mousepad was the biggest eyesore!
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:44 pm

. . . and I thought only Kenji really cared about the tightness of the hoses!
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:28 pm

I have learned a lot about the laptop but the desktop info seems to be harder to find. I will have to start looking at those cases. I found this today on ebay. mini pc I have bid on it already. I think it's what the Idol was based off of. If the bidding doesn't go to high I am going to snag it. It looks like the seller has sold 4 other ones too.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:55 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300568172553&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Oh yea, In case any of you have missed it. I was going to bid on it. But decided to pass. Voodoo dna keyboard
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  East Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:07 pm

It is an aopen, Heres mine for comparison.
My voodoo collection 773320041

I have one of those, Its a really nice keyboard

What did you want to know about the desktops?
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:04 pm

On the desktop I have been working on a list of what make and model to look out for. I have a couple of names but not really a model. So I guess I need to know what type towers to be on the look out for incase I can't get my hands on a voodoo tower.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  East Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:59 pm

ADOR wrote:On the desktop I have been working on a list of what make and model to look out for. I have a couple of names but not really a model. So I guess I need to know what type towers to be on the look out for incase I can't get my hands on a voodoo tower.

See my post with the tribute case in it. That covers it. The only other tower that was used were those generic cheiftech cases on the later version of the egad. They were customized by voodoo with an aluminum door. I saw one on ebay a while back but it did not have the window.

I do not know what case the iron chief used but most of them looked like office pc's. That was the first model they really began to customize by painting the interior and fitting side windows, But since the consumer market really wasn't ready for a pc like that most of ones in existence are bare.

If you really want a voodoo case keep your eye out on ebay. They come up for sale from time to time but since hp killed voodoo off there have been less and less of them for sale. It seems that the people that have them are holding onto them.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:06 am

The original EGAD and Iron Chef used a biege mid-tower ATX case. I cannot recall the brand name or model, but for some reason I think it might have been a Micron case from the 90s. They later stepped up to Coolermaster cases (namely the ATC-110, ATC-210, ATC-710 and I think they might have even used the Wavemaster at one point). Depending on the model number, these cases were either used for the EGAD, F-Class or Rage line-up. And, as East mentions, Chieftech cases were also used.

Voodoo also used specialty cases for a few lines (e.g., the F50), which was all passively cooled -- they used the Zalman TNN-500A case for that model. The Doll (a mini-PC) used the Shuttle G2 SFF case. And there were a few others, which have slipped my mind.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:10 am

You can look at what ET does to mine when the whole upgrade chain starts!
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next