The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc... EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc... EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc... EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc... EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc... EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc... EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc... EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc...

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc... Empty Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc...

Post  mrblur Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm on the third season of Son's of Anarchy. First two season were good, season 3 stretching the story lines a bit to much now. I guess that happens with a series. Reminds me of Prison Break on Fox last season was a flop....
mrblur
mrblur

Back to top Go down

Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc... Empty Re: Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc...

Post  Iago Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:45 pm

Two words: Breaking Bad. 'Nuff said.

Though mind you, I was sorely tempted by the season one Blu-Ray that came out this week for Boardwalk Empire. Have you seen that yet?
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc... Empty Re: Currently or recent..... T.V. Movie, $orn etc...

Post  mrblur Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:51 pm

Yes Boardwalk is awesome, Haven't got around watching the second season yet.

Very Nostalgic sense of a series...If that even makes sense. I read they killed off one of the main characters, not sure who it was didn't want to ruin it when I got around watching 2nd season.

Brother in law told me about breaking bad need to check that out next ...
mrblur
mrblur

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Breaking Bad is a must. Boardwalk can be a bit slow at times, but it is very good and worth watching. Another HBO series worth checking out is Treme.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:50 pm

I am waiting for Game of Thrones. But I did pick up Boardwalk Empire today.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:52 pm

Let me know what you think. I suspect you will enjoy. The cast does a pretty outstanding job.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:31 am

I watched the first episode this morning and it was very good. The Blus do have an interactive character map, which I suspect will be very useful if I do not watch all of the episodes back-to-back (and I do like trying to stretch out series like this a bit.) Interesting career arc for Stephen Graham -- he has gone from playing low-level gangsters in Guy Ritchie movies to playing the "big dogs" like Baby Face Nelson and Al Capone in American movies/series.

I also nabbed the Blu-Ray for the John Frankenheimer movie Grand Prix for $10 and it is an amazing looking catalogue title. It was originally released in Cinerama, though it was actually shot in 65mm (Ultra Panavision, I think.) Like 2001, the large format negative makes for an amazingly good-looking and detailed transfer.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  mrblur Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:11 am

Done with Son's of Anarchy. Time for some "breaking bad"
mrblur
mrblur

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:09 am

Blur is about to be hooked by Bad!

Boardwalk's story arc isn't so complicated that you'll get lost, but it does get a little heavy at times. Nothing you won't be able to keep organized in your head though.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:04 am

I was not thinking about the story as much as the characters, but I know what you mean.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  mrblur Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:57 pm

breadking bad first episode it's a good... so far. Lets see how first season pans out.
mrblur
mrblur

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:23 pm

In my opinion, it only gets better.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:02 pm

To be honest with you, I still have not picked up season three -- and as you know, season 2 ends with a bit of a bang. i have not had a chance to grab it yet.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:16 am

Then I'll be sure that I don't discuss anything from Season 3 with you!
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:59 am

Please do not!

The problem is that the local Walmarts and Targets do not stock it on Blu anymore, and every time I go to Amazon I end up getting too many other things. I need to just go to a Best Buy and get er' done.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:24 pm

In my neck of the woods, Best Buy just had a sale on Season 3. It may still be on and it might be worth checking your local Best Buy.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Will do! In the meantime, I am going to hit episode 3 of Boardwalk tonight.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:11 pm

In case you're not aware, it's a typical HBO season, meaning there are only 12 episodes.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:03 pm

After the shock of there being only seven episodes to the first season of Breaking Bad, I always check before I watch. At least newer HBO Blu-Rays seem to be coming out at a more reasonable price point -- though True Blood never seems to get discounted, even the first season. Which reminds me -- I am sure that I asked, but what do you think of The Pacific? That is another series that I keep waiting for the magical "right price."
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:18 am

I saw a double-set of The Pacific and Band of Brothers, priced quite reasonably. It was the only time I had seen either discounted as well as they were in this double-set.

I do have The Pacific, but I haven't finished the series. First take is that it is quite good (very much a Spielberg-Hanks-influenced production), but not quite as tight as Band of Brothers.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:29 pm

The set of both is very reasonably priced, especially with the Christmas sales on it, but only if you do not already have Band of Brothers as I do. I keep waiting for a sale to get The Pacific under $40.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:08 pm

That won't happen anytime soon this side of the border, but you might have better luck where you live.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:19 pm

I think that it got down that cheap over Christmas but I missed out.

I had another one of those trips to Amazon -- I was looking up Breaking Bad but ended up ordering The Maltese Falcon, The Man Who Would Be King, The Conversation and Some Like it Hot. Better deals on those.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  mrblur Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:11 pm

You should really think of getting NetFlix...NO>...
mrblur
mrblur

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:43 am

I have Netflix. I only use it for things that I do not want to own, and Breaking Bad is most definitely a keeper. Netflix is also more of a pain for series since you cannot just rent the whole series but have to add it to your queue one disc at a time. (And no, I do not do streaming. The whole point of having a Blu-Ray player and an HDTV is to be able to watch things at true HD resolutions, and highly compressed streaming does not qualify.)
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next