The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

ADOR's Hot Rods

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 Empty Re: ADOR's Hot Rods

Post  ADOR Sun May 22, 2016 11:34 pm

I am back at work right now. I will have to scan them in when I get home. 5 weeks out this time. One down 4 more to go, home june 31.

On the 4x4 got it running good, but only above 1500 rpm. Idle system must still be screwed up internally. It acts like it's running out of gas but runs fine if I hold the throttle over 1500 to 2000 rpm.

I did another junkyard run before leaving the house. Got the 4x4 a new throttle cable and a keyed column out a F250 I have been using for parts. Lots of little stuff as well. Even found a (hope it works) late 80's alpine cassette player out of the same 80's F250 with factory steel radio adapter.

Didn't get to do anything else to the 55 Chevy, but did get the tires back up and one swapped out. Turned the engine over a couple of times. Got more planned for it when I get home.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Thu May 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Any chance it could be something simple like an oxygen sensor or even thermostat? If the car thinks it's cold out, it may be running rich.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Thu May 26, 2016 11:41 pm

Not a chance on that one. It's a 1980 model. It doesn't even have a feedback carburetor. The main jets were completely closed off when I got it gas would shoot out of the top of the air vent. I thought I got it all cleaned out but I am guessing I have overlooked something internal and just need to pull it apart and work on it again.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  East Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:50 am

I just found these:

www.ebay.com/itm/171791161357

Not sure if its something your interested in for any of your projects. The guy seems to have a quantity of them so plenty of time to think about it.
East
East

http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:32 am

It's a nice looking system but I already have 3 toughbook setups, lol. The Panasonic PDRC setup they use in some cop cars. It allows you to use a remote keyboard and touchscreen to just about any toughbook. And you can pull the laptop out of the dock and take it with you.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:49 pm

I see things have been slow here lately.

Time for a hot rod update.

On my 52 Ford I am down to window wipers, new tires and new door glass and it's road ready. I upgraded it awhile back from the Carb to a vintage 1993 holley projection system and got that system sorted out and working.

Around the same time for cheap I got a Holley MPI Pro jection pc with just the computer and it took me over a year to get the full pin out sorted out. I got some of it and then team up with another guy with just the computer and no wiring and together we kicked it in the ass. Only problem with mine is I can't find the right software for it. I have found some older software but it's not old enough. So I need to get a updated prom chip, try to flash another prom with a copy I have of a newer prom to get it to work with the newest software they make for it.

I also snagged a Commander 950. Got it sorted out and working but haven't installed it on the truck yet. Haven't decided if I want it on my 52 with 670cfm 2v throttle body, or go with the 750 cfm 4v throttle body I have. The 4v have newer injectors that will require a fuel pump upgrade over the older round cap injectors on the 2v throttle body. I can also use it on my 350 engine when I finally swap on the dual quad intake on my 55 Chevy with dual 2v 670 cfm throttle bodies. So I am just waiting for now.

On the oldest boys 93 z28 we got a new trans for it back in September and put it on the road. Less than 50 miles the engine started knocking. that wound up being a double stacked spun bearing killing the rod, piston and crank. We wound up rebuilding the engine into a 383 LT1 (forged pistons and eagle rods/crank. Then we got it back on the road about 4 days ago. It is a very mild 383(these days it's about the same cost on a 383 and a 350 rebuild these days) It has stock LT1 camshaft, heads and intake. It already had cold air intake, full length coated headers and 3" exhaust. But this was very short lived as on day 2 we took it to the shop to see why the speedometer stopped working. Turned out to be drive gear in the trans clip backed off and the gear moved forward. Easy fix, just needed a new clip. When it was ready I got the call I picked it up and drove it to the local tuners place to see if they even did tunes for it. Nope too old. No problem I can get a mail order tune for it. Drove out to the muffler shop to talk to a friend of mine just to visit and hot rod some. Then on to the house. The oldest boy was going to get his hands on it later that day to finally get to drive it. But it was not to be. Pulling up on the side road that goes to my house. About a 1/8 to 1/16 miles from my house it stops moving. The engine revs fine, but it won't go forward. I check the fluid and try a lot of things but to nope. Tow it to the house. Park works, but it will roll free in any gear, even reverse. Doing tech work over the phone from a friend he thinks the main shaft is broke. So waiting on a replacement trans. The saga goes on.

On my high school car the red 67 mustang. I got to get time to get out there and finish re-routing the brake lines and installing the new master cylinder for the front disk brake conversion.

On my 4x4 I got a rebuild kit for the 4v carb, but haven't rebuilt it yet. I got the 4v intake and lift kit sitting in the truck. Just need to buy a intake gasket and find time to do it.

My time here lately has been spent redoing a slide in truck camper (Len-Dar made only between 86 to 98, by the trim inside I am saying it's a 86 to 88 model) trying to get it ready for our upcoming family vacation. I am just about there on it. I got 5 more days till we leave so I have been pulling all nighters for the last week. Found a lot of rot in it around the seams so I have ripped it all out and replaced it all with stronger/thicker stuff and resealed the leaking roof. New cabinet doors I made in it, etc. The original stove and fridge was missing. Now in the original fridge slot is a mini fridge and a AC unit. The stove has a microwave there with a one burner electric stove there now. The twin bed area has been expanded to a full size bed area with a futon matress. The bed area folds back and into a couch for day time use. I also added width to it in the rear area and added two cabinets. I am down to one last rotted place I will have done tomorrow. I finished up one tonight. Hang one more cabinet door. Put panneling up over the one wall I just fixed. Rewire the 12v wiring side (side marker lights x4, top vent, two ceiling lights and car radio(don't have the radio yet but running the wires for it on a future upgrade for off the grid style camping)) On the 110 side I have to put the plug into the side of the camper and run 4 more wires and wire up two more 110v plug in boxes for a total of (4 plugins boxes, light over stove, ac unit, fridge, stove,microwave, 12v power inverter(run 12v side from my truck or 110v side) dual vent fans over the fridge.)

I am still stuck roughnecking for now, it has really been cutting into my money not crane operating/mechanic like I was. Been looking for a change up in the job market but just haven't found it yet.

Hope every one has a good 4th this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Well time has come to get rid of my 55 Chevy. I have tried the legal way several, several times to get a legal title in my name but the DMV in Baton Rouge could care less, even had a court order they denied.

I will be pulling out my engine, trans, driveshaft, shifter, engine wiring harness, radiator, fuel cell and racing seats. I guess this has been a long time coming. I will just have to keep a look out later on for another one.

But I do have a replacement for it. I ran across a 99 Camaro with a blown engine. So I will be swapping everything into it. Good paint, 4 wheel disk, etc. Won't take a lot of work. The windshield is even good, lol.
The little parts that look like they are missing were in the car. The guy he had got it from was trying to fully black it out and spray painted the tail lights and park lights. I have part of that un-done already and have them re-installed.

ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 36157291710_094bddbee6_z20170811_143902 by Safjist Nipnog, on Flickr

ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 35719234334_ce992ca3fa_z20170811_143915 by Safjist Nipnog, on Flickr

ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 36157292610_fcf6d752b9_z20170811_143844 by Safjist Nipnog, on Flickr

ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 35719236434_fa0277cfe0_z20170811_143853 by Safjist Nipnog, on Flickr
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:42 am

I took the easy way out and just traded in my ST for a new RS. No restoration needed! But I barely have time to drive a car for fun right now, let alone actually work on one.

ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 20170810
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:13 pm

With work slowing down it has screwed up my "extra" money. The 52 only needs glass, wipers fixed, new tires and insurance to be road legal now. Having to hold off and only drive it on the road. I got three projects to that point right now. (52 pickup, 67 mustang and 72 comet gt) Maybe things will pick up here quick and I can get them back on the road.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:17 am

I just would not have the time, even if I wanted to spend the money. I was interested in ceramic coating the RS, and watched a video showing the steps needed, but while it would save a lot of money, I would never have the time to go through all the painstaking steps to get it right. So it would almost be worth spending the real money to have it done professionally, but man, that is a lot of money!

I am taking the RS to the Wheels & Wings up here in Osceola next weekend to try the radar run with it. That wouled be a great show to demonstrate your handiwork. It is not just hot rods or mint condition classic cars -- they enjoy showing off restoration work as well.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:20 pm

Sweet!!!
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  East Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:09 pm

I would sell the 55' roller title less, If you can't put it on ebay go to a few swap meets. If it is solid it will go fast. It can probably be titled too fairly easy in a different state with less red tape, That is unless the vin has issues. You don't have family that live in a different state do you?
East
East

http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:41 pm

Hey everyone, hope your year has been going good. It's been a year of twist and turns for me.

Back in June of last year my dad was told he had to have surgery for colon cancer. After the surgery he went straight to stage 4. It had spread to his liver and lungs. He started Chemo Gen 2 treatments and the out look was hopeful. But he kept loosing weight and wasting away. He was still walking around and working on stuff in April of this year. In early May he started going down hill more and by mid May was in a wheel chair. By the end of May he was gone. He went down fast that last week. The place I have worked for 20 years told me all they could do was give me a month off and I pay them to keep insurance. I gave them my counter off of I quit and cashed out 20 years of 401k and Pension. Even though I had to quit I am glad I got to spend that last month with my Dad every day.

I should have a new job lined out in January, working with my brother in law on wind turbines across the USA.

I have been swapping out my hot rods since then. Dad left me his litte red express, 93 z28 and 94 ford f150 4x4 (all in ready to go shape) I have given the Z28 to my middle son and 94 4x4 to my youngest. My daughter will be getting my High school car, the red 67 Mustang.

I had the money to fix the cars I got rid of but decided since needs changed to get a few different projects. I sold one 67 Mustang, my 69 big block Mach 1 and my 34 Ford 5 window coupe since the body needed a ton of work.

I have sold off other engines and rearends as well.

I am keeping my 55 Chevy, 99 camaro and 52 ford. Looking at getting a Porsche Cayman S (used not new, around 07 up) or the one I really like Lotus Elise. The Lotus really holds it value so I can't go wrong either way. For a older hot rod I am still looking. I will know it when I see it.

Soon the 26 model T will be up for sale, Warthog project, slide in camper and my 80/86 4x4.

Some of my daily drivers had been showing their age so I started replacing them. Got a White 2011 GMC Arcadia with 60k miles to replace my 2001 suburban I sold today as the family car. It still has 7 seats as my oldest boy is now living in Colorado Springs and My oldest Step daughter is now in Collage. For a daily for the Wife got her a 2014 Honda Accord with 114k so it should run forever, gets the advertized 37 mpg, even better than the 2008 mini cooper did (My youngest step daughter has her Mom's mini now)

While I was on the lot I found a 2006 wrangler I like and got it. I have been wanting another TJ since when my 2001 came up stolen on a parking lot in South Louisiana. I was planning on keeping my 2005 dodge quad cab hemi truck longer, it has 230k on it. But had the rear end go out towing a camper. (we got one when I got my money 2020 rockwood roo) We had used it to tow my sister in laws bunk house on our summer vacation. I replaced the rearend and been using it but started looking for a 3/4 ton, I ran across a great deal on a 2014 F350 crew cab 6.7 diesel and got it. Haven't towed with it yet but it runs great in town. Was getting 16.5 to 17 mpg in town. Just got some mods done to it today and it looks like as of right now the MPG is still climbing. The previous owner stated he could get 20mpg unloaded on the interstate. I will see what it gets towing soon.

I have a ton of parts ordered for the 99 camaro to finish getting the LQ9 in it and parts for my 55 chevy, 52 ford and wifes 72 comet GT. So I can do the next steps on them. Looks like I will be off till early January, so I am trying to get that done or at least mostly done in that time frame.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:33 am

Sorry to hear about your father, and having to quit your job just to be with him! Hopefully the new job will work out well for you.

I am still sitting pretty with my RS. Two and a half years old now, with 9100 miles on the clock. We did add a newer Volt for my wife, who decked it out with pink racing stripes. . .
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:24 pm

ADOR's Hot Rods  - Page 3 79376215_10156916693415036_2691956153897713664_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=dKJrqgDj0N4AQmimULHjUxxUdiBwOTVByp2dzaKClwBMZn-VQ8WlogyAA&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1

Got the "new" rims put on the 52 today. It's tagged and inspected now. Just a few small things to sort out. No real paint for now. I am putting the comet into the shop to do the brakes and refresh the carb.

After that I am either rolling the 99 camaro in there to drop the 6.0 into it or the 55 chevy for a quick sand down and repaint and mild refresh on the engine. ( engine is a 1979 350 code LS9 ) 76 cc chamber heads. I am swapping the cam, lifter, new valve springs, corvette aluminum L98 heads and still deciding on dual 4 v intake I have or the torker 2.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:25 am

Been a lot of car swapping going on since my fathers death of May 2019. As I inherited his 79 little red express, 94 ford 4x4 and z28. My youngest boy is getting the 4x4 and my middle son is getting the z28.

I have sold the big block Mach 1, one 67 mustang and 34 ford coupe.

I have gotten me another Jeep Wrangler and last week picked up a 09 cayman with a few mods done to it.

I am working today on selling the comet GT, the wife wanted it but when I finally got it back on the road she got scared of it. Selling the 99 camaro LS swap project. Thinking of dropping that engine into the 55 Chevy.

Once I get a few more things thinned out I may get another toy to go with the cayman. Leaning toward Lotus Elise or C6 Vette.

Hope everyone else rides have been going how they want them too.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  mrblur Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:47 am

go with the Lotus Elise. Simple and reliable, oh yeah hella fun.
mrblur
mrblur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum