The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood

2 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood - Page 4 Empty Re: Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood

Post  Iago Tue May 31, 2016 3:19 am

It looks like they are going for sort of a Dirty Dozen story set in the Star Wars universe. Not so much in terms of the composition of the group, but more in terms of the Rebels finding "talent" from outside their organization to pull off an impossible mission. There is plenty of room for stories set not just in the universe of the classic Star Wars era, but even in the timeline of the classic stories -- if they are done right. This trailer certainly looks like it may be done right!

I finally got around to seeing Deadpool on Blu-Ray this weekend. I did not think that it was quite as clever as it thinks it is, but it was still quite enjoyable, if not as hilarious as others seem to think. The disc was great, though, with a pretty decent 80 minute "making of" feature, and a really nice compilation of all the trailers, bumpers and other bits of viral marketing that they did for the movie. (Called "Deadpool's fun sack.")
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood - Page 4 Empty Re: Meanwhile, somewhere in Hollywood

Post  Seamaster Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:52 pm

Well, count me in for this December.

I'm convinced that much of the praise for Deadpool comes from the fact that the movie was actually made. If the stories are true, that is success right there. Given that the movie didn't suck is double success. I also find that you have to be in the right mindset for the movie, as the humour can be tiring if you don't roll with it.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:56 pm

Oh, I liked the movie; I just did not love it as much as others, or think that it was quite as clever as it thinks it is. But I definitely enjoyed it, and really enjoyed the special features on the disc. Watching it after a really good movie like Civil War did not help, either. Deadpool suffers a bit in comparison.

Oh, and speaking of all the controversy over BvS, have you seen the trailer for the extended version coming on home video? I thought that the theatrical version was too long already, and was pretty skeptical about making it longer, but it really looks interesting. A large percentage of the footage in this Ultimate Edition trailer is new, and even in those brief glimpses it is pretty clear that the footage plugs some of the more glaring holes:

Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum