The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android

4 posters

Go down

Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android Empty Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android

Post  East Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:30 am

Just wow, Who actually would want to use this?

And microsoft selling it for $50 is the corporate equivalent to saying We know this sucks, if we give it to you for free will you use it anyway? Its fucking pathetic. Microsoft knows tablets are the way of the future and they are trying to stay dynamic but this is just horrid, There is no reason to spite the desktop users by releasing a half baked tablet product. This should have been released as windows 8: tablet pc edition. M$ had no business releasing this as a desktop os, Which brings me to think the only reason for releasing this pos os is to try and get the corporate world to switch to windows 7.
East
East

http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android Empty Re: Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android

Post  Seamaster Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:12 pm

The pre-launch speculation was that the Windows 8 tablets would steal market share from Apple's iPad!
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android Empty Re: Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android

Post  ADOR Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:25 pm

I haven't played with 8 much, just helped set up a couple of new pc's at work. Not too fond of it. don't see me swapping from 7 anytime soon. At work I got pissed off at a newer windows phone. We couldn't get his pictures off of it. I read up on it and you needed to put "zune" on your computer to get the pictures and everything else off. Like have itunes, I HATE ITUNES. So Microsoft, FAIL on both accounts.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Windows 8: A poorly thoughtout rip off of android Empty A SIGN OF THE TIMES

Post  ethelred Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:05 pm

About 3 months ago I began my looking for a new desktop for Gail by checking out the Dell site. At that time I had to do a search in order to find any desktops that came with Windows 7 preinstalled. I repeated this inquiry a month ago and at that time I was given a choice of Windows 8 or 7.

Last night I again explored the offerings from Dell, and this time my only choice was Windows 7. No mention was made of 8, not even as an option.
ethelred
ethelred

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:57 am

I had heard a rumor that windows 9 was going to be out in early 2014. Guess we can just call this "vista tablet edition". About the only reason I see I would use this in the future is that it runs on ARM chips and I might have a project that will need windows.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down