The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately? EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately? EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately? EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately? EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately? EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately?

2 posters

Go down

Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately? Empty Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately?

Post  ADOR Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:16 am

With the desktop cards being quoted wrongly about specs.

And with them disabling overcock with updated drivers on the mobile 8xx and 9xx series GPU'S, then blocking the Vbios so it can't overclock on the same cards.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately? Empty Re: Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately?

Post  Iago Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:22 pm

I have not had a desktop card in a long time, but all of my mobile chips have been nVidia, and I just got the pair of 980Ms for my new laptop. You forgot to mention that one of their driver updates from several months ago killed SLi for 900 series chips. That was a mistake, and they fixed it with a later driver update, but yes, they have issues. I know that they said that they would re-enable overclocking on the mobile chips with another update. Not sure if that is done yet, but I have no need for overclocking so I have not drilled down into the release notes yet.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately? Empty Re: Any one been keeping up with with Nivida lately?

Post  ADOR Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:48 pm

Yes but on the same day they announced they would be re-enabling OC on the drivers, they found out they found out they have been sending out GPU's that have a blocked vbios that prevents overclocking as well. After they were called out on that they are suppose to "fix" everything but we haven't seen yet.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:01 am

I had not seen anything about the bios.  Like I said, I have no need for overclocking, so it does not matter to me, but it does indeed indicate some serious issues with the company.  The driver that disabled SLi on 900m chips was a whole 'nuther story for me -- that would have been a serious problem.  Fortunately, I did not download the driver right away, and by the time that I did they had locked it out of the GeForce Experience system so that if you tried to update, it would fail.  Unfortunately, nothing there explained why, and I had to Google it to figure things out.  A simple line of text saying that it was blocking the update due to issues with the driver on 900m systems would have been nice.

I did just update last week to the newest driver from the week before that and have not had a problem with it (yet.)  But right now I am life-locked into Lords of Xulima, which is not exactly a graphical powerhouse and gains nothing from SLi, let alone things like overclocking.  Got a couple on the way that are probably going to be system tests, though -- GTA V, whenever it finally hits, and The Witcher 3 in May.  I will have to watch the driver updates carefully when those come out -- and Google thoroughly to watch for potential "hiccups" from nVidia again.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum