The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!

+2
ADOR
killerwill
6 posters

Go down

One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  Empty One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!

Post  killerwill Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Been meaning to Post these pictures for like half a year!

Quite a story to this too! So I was going after a green Envy 133 on eBay when I realized the guy selling it was out of Fort Collins so I figured I would ask if he was with the guys who ran the Voodoo repair and support there. Well as it turns out he worked for HP and did the shut down of Voodoo in Calgary and moved all the stuff down to Fort Collins! So I email him back and ask the question I have been asking for over 6 years do you know anywhere or anyone with one of the Last Omens... Well I get an email back saying funny you should ask I got one in the garage...... Well two phone calls later I ended up buying a base envy 133, the green 133, and The Omen!

From the history of putting things together! Silver stone states 100 cases are their base order... Well I have tied this case down to 10 or so. And my talks with the guys at Maingear they believe there was only 10 too.
So the breakdown
1 with Mark Soloman
1 with Rahul
1 with Ryan at the Hp lab
1 with Fort Collins crew who knows where it ended up
Mine who walked off from Calgary
1 more that walked off from Calgary (it was featured on a rig of the week for a forum)
1 in the hp museum
1 at the silver stone conference room at their HQ
And from my research 2 that got out to consumers. (I got some theories on these...)

So 10.

Man is this thing something else! Built like no tomorrow! It needs some TLC tgh.. Need to rebuild the cooling loop.

But I don't know if I'll do a build in it or not eventually..... I think when I'm done with my house that it and the BAM omen I got from the guy who created the out of box experience for voodoo will be on some custom book shelves in my office.

Let's see if these will upload from my iPhone

One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  Image10
One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  Image11
One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  Image12
One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  Image13

killerwill

iAmCodeMonkey likes this post

Back to top Go down

One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  Empty Re: One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!

Post  ADOR Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:42 pm

I knew there had to be a few still floating out there in the wild somewhere. Thanks for the pictures.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!  Empty Re: One of the Last Omens! After 6 years I got one!

Post  ADOR Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:58 pm

Have you seen the Digital Storm "version" of it?

http://www.digitalstorm.com/aventum-3.asp
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  febtiger Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:13 am

WOW Shocked
Congratulations! A real museum piece. Hope you get the water cooling fixed! Would love to see the Omen in action

febtiger

Back to top Go down

Post  zxj001 Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:43 pm

Unbelievable!! Congratulations! I'm truly green with envy...

zxj001

Back to top Go down

Post  East Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 am

Nice, I look forward to the build log.
East
East

http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Post  WinDreamer Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:15 pm

Maybe someday there’ll be a build log posted. In the meantime, this will always be my grail case.

WinDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  WinDreamer Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:23 pm

ADOR wrote:Have you seen the Digital Storm "version" of it?

http://www.digitalstorm.com/aventum-3.asp

I just missed out on one or rather its refresh. A used Aventum X is the closest I'll ever come to owning the real deal, and it wasn't nearly close enough.

WinDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:12 am

I have been wanting to get my OMEN up and going and the other rage case I have. But these prices on video cards right now has put that on hold.
ADOR
ADOR

iAmCodeMonkey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down