The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
One video a day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
One video a day thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
One video a day thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
One video a day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
One video a day thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
One video a day thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
One video a day thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
One video a day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
One video a day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

One video a day thread

+3
Iago
East
ADOR
7 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

One video a day thread - Page 5 Empty Re: One video a day thread

Post  Iago Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:43 pm

Less damage to the Koenigsegg than the Camaro, from the looks of it, but a wildly more expensive car!

You almost seem to be implying that brute force is a bad thing. Of course, as an Aston & Bentley fan, that cannot possibly be true! I love the fact that some of the Bentleys top out at two-and-a-half tons and still can do 0-60 in less than 3.5 seconds. Raw, brute power is a beautiful thing. Give me a V-12 or W-12 any day. Of course, having taken my just over one-and-a-half ton Ford on some pretty twisty roads, the thought of over-driving a car like that is a bit alarming. I am better off with what I have.

I think that the look on Patrick George's face could best be described as "chagrined." Unlike his former Jalopmate Travis Okulski when he got punked by Pepsi & Jeff Gordon. I probably already posted this, but it is worth it for the look on Okulski's face, which could best be described as "scared shitless."

Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  East Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:31 pm

i have never been this confused in my entire life

nvm its probably funnier if I don't understand it.
East
East

http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:36 pm

I bet you the repair bill for the Koenigsegg is much higher than the Camaro!

I like all sizes of engines, and I wouldn't necessarily take a bigger engine over a smaller one just because. True, an Aston Martin would be my first choice if I could have any car, but that doesn't mean I only like big engines.

At any rate, I guess my praise was too brief when talking about the big V8 in the CTS-V: "But that, of course, is part of the appeal. Simplicity is eloquence. And that growl . . ."
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:22 pm

Yes, for me "part of the appeal" is far too understated.  "99.999999999% of the appeal" would be far more accurate.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming, in honor of Letterman's retirement, and the fact that Janell Monae is an astonishing performer:

Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  East Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:25 pm

Ah, Windows ME. Just as I remember it.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:24 pm

A right-click BSOD. Love it!

So, with some time under your belt, how do you feel about 10? I have just about zero complaints, but I am not exactly a power user. Most of the stuff that I would not want to use (like Cortana) are pretty easy to shut off.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:37 pm

Memories. It's right about now that oVo would make a remark about the On switch.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  East Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:09 pm

I am still sticking with windows 7 professional x64. I find it to be a very stable operating system with a workable gui. There is still good 1st and 3rd party support and the technology supported is still relevant (hell it supports ipv6 and that still hasn't been deployed in most areas of the country)

Misc rant:

I can completely understand microsoft wanting to redesign a modern stylish ui. I can even understand them wanting to rewrite the code from the ground up. It is the redesigns that nobody ever asked for that are annoying me. Stop messing with time tested and loved features such as a classic, sleek, easy to use start menu, and a well laid out control panel. (Who's idiot idea was it to move "Add remove programs" to my computer and relabel it "Uninstall or change a program"? Nobody asked for windows 8 live tiles yet we got them anyway. (Does microsoft actually poll for consumer opinions on things? I don't think they do or W8 would have never made it past beta to market. At least not in the form it was released in.) It isn't my problem that m$ had their head up their ass and got bumped out of the mobile device market. Stop torturing end users that are using a windows pc, not a smart phone.

When I was younger I use to be really enthusiastic about new versions of windows. I was always hyped and couldn't wait for it to get released so I could start experiencing it. All kidding aside I still remember how much I enjoyed Windows ME (Crashing was still a very real issue compared to 9x) Unfortunately in recent years microsoft has made too many bad decisions and I dred new versions rather then enthusiastically to embrace them.

On a side note I was recently looking back at windows prototypes and it appears microsoft has planned on removing the start menu since the windows Neptune / Whistler beta days. Its very sad this hideous concept finally manifested itself in windows 8. I truly feel microsoft is doing irrivisable damage to their reputation with the latest versions of windows. They need to bring back the people who designed the xp gui, People liked that. I don't understand why microsoft is so obsessed with denying people something they like to use.

On the upside I discovered the existence of the beta theme "watercolor" for windows xp which I happen to like better then luna at this point. So that is what im using on my xp virtual machines.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:25 pm

Not exactly a miscellaneous rant; it was completely germane to the question that I asked!

In my case, whatever minor issues that I may have had with the interface are mostly forgotten, know that I have messed with it for a while. But I do love its speed, regardless of interface. Especially off of an SSD.

Back to the future:

Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:36 am

O.K., here is one that I shot myself at the Pabst Theatre in Milwaukee a couple of nights ago:

Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:16 pm

ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:38 am

I saw Sleater-Kinney live in St. Paul on Wednesday, and the current livestreamed it, so you can see the concert on YouTube, and I am in it a few times since I was pretty close to the front. But they did not stream the opening act, Joseph Keckler, who was the oddest opening act for a former Riot Grrrl band that you can think of. But he was hilarious. I found another performance of one of the songs that he did, "Shroom Aria," which at least duplicates how he did it. He sang the song in a pseudo-Italian basso profundo voice, while he projected slides at the back which provided translations:

Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5