The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!!

+5
ADOR
Iago
Seamaster
East
AxSnetworks
9 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!!

Post  Seamaster Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:14 pm

The old VoodooPC office is gone. There aren't any cases left. Any that would have been left are now with HP.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!!

Post  Iago Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:09 pm

I will try to upload them later this week. Though I will scan though youtube when I get a chance, as someone else may have already uploaded those videos. I saw several Blackbird videos over there, but I am not sure if they are the same ones that are on the USB drive.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:09 pm

Seamaster wrote:The old VoodooPC office is gone. There aren't any cases left. Any that would have been left are now with HP.

Maybe a nightly raid at the HP warehouse, they will never see it coming. lol
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  killerwill Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:53 pm

ADOR wrote:
Seamaster wrote:The old VoodooPC office is gone. There aren't any cases left. Any that would have been left are now with HP.

Well I tried that..... lol there is only one old omen case left at HP... which resides at HPs museum with a New Omen, a blackbird, and HP first attempt at a gaming computer(blackbird 001 concept?)

I also tried for the New Omen Ryan has but it is a prototype and HP wont ever release it Sad dead dream..

Sadly from all my research it now appears that HP has only a very small cache of Envy 133 parts... AND in November they will probably be junked.... I've made offers but to no avail...

killerwill

Back to top Go down

Post  East Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:08 pm

killerwill wrote:
ADOR wrote:

Well I tried that..... lol there is only one old omen case left at HP... which resides at HPs museum with a New Omen, a blackbird, and HP first attempt at a gaming computer(blackbird 001 concept?)

I also tried for the New Omen Ryan has but it is a prototype and HP wont ever release it Sad dead dream..

Sadly from all my research it now appears that HP has only a very small cache of Envy 133 parts... AND in November they will probably be junked.... I've made offers but to no avail...

The model you are referring to is the compaq x09, and yeah it flopped If I remember correctly it was in large part do to the high price tag coupled with the fact no self respecting gamer wanted a compaq. It was the only compaq product I ever saw that used a nice case. based on the coolermaster wave master.
East
East

http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:09 am

East wrote:
killerwill wrote:
ADOR wrote:

The model you are referring to is the compaq x09, and yeah it flopped If I remember correctly it was in large part do to the high price tag coupled with the fact no self respecting gamer wanted a compaq. It was the only compaq product I ever saw that used a nice case. based on the coolermaster wave master.
Isn't the compaq X, the Gaming PC that Compaq made before being acquiered??? if this is so, then I am a lucky camper, as I hapen to have one (in reality it is just a coolermastes Wavemaster with a few tweaked features)... will post pictures later...

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:39 am

this is my collection of PC case at the moment, waiting to add a rage or omen to the group picture Very Happy

Last edited by AxSnetworks on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:41 pm; edited 4 times in total

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  East Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 am

It is, I distinctly remember the picture in question, an orange omen with the hp merger painted on the side, a blackbird, the x09 and a new omen. Ill see if I can find it when I get home later.

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 2 3465180770_6a3028b2a1_o
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:48 am

as you can see.... all I am missin is an omen Very Happy ...
I have seen that picture, and to be honest, the only case I don't like is the new omen....

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:03 pm

I did pick up a Alienware X51 case this time home. It wasn't too bad on the price. Someone had took the motherboard, cpu, ram and video card out and put it in another case. I got everything else, power supply, etc for 200 shipped to my door. Think I am going to do some kind of AMD build with it after I get the HEXX finally upgraded. (DAM YOU TIGER DIRECT)

In the first picture set the second pc that is blue and silver. What is that case?

I need to get a group picture of mine. HEXX, Idol, X51, AREA 51 R4 tower.

The rest of the parts for the next Idol upgrade are on the way to the house. It has a CPU in the new motherboard but I don't know what it is. I had one more SATA adapter card for that platform so this will give me two of the Aopen's upgraded to dual core. The first one with 945 chipset, and second one with 965 chipset. I have been keeping an eye out for the newer boards that are i5 and i7 capable but they are still pricy.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:57 am

Hello Ador
the cases from left to right are:
Compaq X wavemaster
In Win H-Frame
Modded G5 Hackintosh
HP Blackbird dedication edition
Hopping to add a Voodoo Omen or Rage case to the group Very Happy

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  killerwill Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:59 am

ADOR wrote:I did pick up a Alienware X51 case this time home. It wasn't too bad on the price. Someone had took the motherboard, cpu, ram and video card out and put it in another case. I got everything else, power supply, etc for 200 shipped to my door. Think I am going to do some kind of AMD build with it after I get the HEXX finally upgraded. (DAM YOU TIGER DIRECT)

In the first picture set the second pc that is blue and silver. What is that case?

I need to get a group picture of mine. HEXX, Idol, X51, AREA 51 R4 tower.

The rest of the parts for the next Idol upgrade are on the way to the house. It has a CPU in the new motherboard but I don't know what it is. I had one more SATA adapter card for that platform so this will give me two of the Aopen's upgraded to dual core. The first one with 945 chipset, and second one with 965 chipset. I have been keeping an eye out for the newer boards that are i5 and i7 capable but they are still pricy.
Ador, post Aug 2009 all Alienware towers including the X51 relay on dell/Alienware motherboard and daughter boards. So you can put in other hardware but the lights won't work and any other controls. I got one of the last Area 51s and and I can't do any upgrades to it.

killerwill

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:54 am

I found a hack awhile back on how to hack the lights. I will have to see if I can find it again.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  East Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:25 am

I was looking into this out of curiosity at one point because a friend has a dell alx. There are indeed mods to get the lights working. You are correct though he will need the proper daughter board, which should still be with the case as it would not be of use in a third party case.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  killerwill Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:50 am

It doesn't matter since that daughter board only works with a specific set of motherboards(alienware)with one of the Alienware bios. I have heard of one or two people getting Asus rog motherboards to work in the Aurora R1 and R2 cases, but the had to butcher it and the motherboard to work... NOW the older predator 2 cases pre aug 09 can be hacked to work! That easy as crap since its just a USB plugin daughter board. I should post a pic of what Is in my Area 51! It seriously the biggest mess of wires for that daughter board for the lights and vents.

killerwill

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:29 am

The big alienware tower I have has a card slot in the bottom that works the lights. It may be a predator case? It has been a while since I looked it up. I got mine off of ebay. 150 shipped to the door. Full case, motherboard, 2.4 amd dual core, 512 ram, some old video card. Found out some design firm had it and kept the video cards. It had dual quadro cards. It still has the 900W power supply. All I have really done to it is up it to 4gb of gaming ram and put a 1gb 250GTS in it. Still plays skyrim fine.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:22 pm

can you hack the lights in the Alienware so they can feed directly from the PSU? like in the Blackbird... all you have to do is feed them 7v and they light up like a christmas tree...

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  East Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:17 pm

I am not sure, dell does some ass backwards shit with the alienwares. They actually mount a pcb on the side of the psu to make it so you dont have to unplug a wire when you open the case. Thus making the psu proprietary... Well if you want to keep the lighting system.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:01 pm

If you can't hack them I am sure the aftermarket has something you can use to put a whole new lighting system in it.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:06 am

Would you mind posting pictures of it, but like ADOR said, you can always rewire it yourself, I can guarantee it will make your case a little more yours! Very Happy

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  East Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:42 pm

If I was interested in owning one rewiring it wouldn't be the issue.

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 2 256d8cj
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:06 pm

Right now the big tower isn't anything I plan on upgrading any time soon, but I will need everything to get the X51 back to going.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  killerwill Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:14 am

ADOR wrote:Right now the big tower isn't anything I plan on upgrading any time soon, but I will need everything to get the X51 back to going.
Ador, your still going to run into some issues if you don't use the Alienware crap.... They just make everything so preproritory. Btw ill post a picture of my daughter board in my Area 51 today.

killerwill

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:06 pm

I have been behind in my builds and haven't even taken the x51 out of it's box yet, I am sure I will have several surprises in that build.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:09 pm

ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next