The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!!

+5
ADOR
Iago
Seamaster
East
AxSnetworks
9 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!!

Post  ADOR Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:17 am

I don't really like apple stuff, but I do like the design for there new mini desktop. Have you seen it? The fan is in the middle of it. If my oldest boy wouldn't of showed it to me I would of never seen it, lol.

http://www.zdnet.com/how-apples-new-mac-pro-revolutionizes-the-desktop-workstation-7000016665/

Looks like a trash can, lol.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!!

Post  East Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:59 am

I saw it. Like most of there other products its fugly. The titanic boiler sunk in the same position.

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 8j16 VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 Mac_pro_parody_3
East
East

http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:43 am

yeah, to be honest, I don't like the new mac pro either... besides I still like my PC to have some expansions....Razz 

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 Empty Voodoo Case here... any1 still interested?

Post  GiGaLeOnZa Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:21 pm

I was given a Voodoo Rage F:5 PC a few years ago.  Power supply was dead, pump was dead, my coworker bought it new in '05, gave it to me in '11.  $80 for a PSU and $60 for a pump, hours of dissassembly and reassembly to make it mint, and it was back to life.  JACKPOT!  One of the geforce cards was dead as well, and in 2011 a single geforce 7800 was no good.  Replaced GPU, decided to get new CPU, mobo and ram as well.

More to the point, I have a Rage F:5 case that I may be willing to part with.  Black with red LED lighting.  It is in great condition, a 4 out of 5.  The condition I received it in is the condition it is in now, I wish they took a bit better care of it but all in all it looks pretty good!

The black powder coating is a little bit scratched on the front but barely noticeable.  One of those 'you can't tell unless you look for it' imperfections.  The mirrored finish inside has some small imperfections as well, light light scuffing and the ccfl lights died on me one day (tried with a known working balast, nothing) I was going to buy new lights but I got caught up in other projects and welll... haven't touched this case since.  Those aren't the original lights anyways, those were out so I put in cheap eBay ones.  Other than that, the case is in pretty darn good condition!!

If there's any interest in the case still, let me know.  I am contemplating unloading it.

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 IMAG0119_zpsf334f151

Last edited by GiGaLeOnZa on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changing my rating of '3 out of 5' to '4 out of 5')

GiGaLeOnZa

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:16 am

I call dibs on it!!!Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by AxSnetworks on Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 Empty VOODOO RAGE F:5 CASE FOR SALE w/ PICTURES!

Post  GiGaLeOnZa Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Rather than copy 23 individual links, here's a link to a slideshow with every angle I could take of the case.

Voodoo Case for Sale

I'll start with the minor imperfections 1st... the top of the case where the voodoo emblem is was a bit dented by previous owner.  I removed the LED housing underneath and straightened it out pretty good.  Looks great (the metal is detached, you can see in pic, barely noticeable).  I took two shots, one you can kind of see it, another you can't.  Also minor scratches on the front face, also barely noticeable.  The rail that locks the back side of the case has the screw attached to the rail.  Pull it and the rail slides to unlock the door.  For the mirrored front side, that screw was missing.  I don't go in it much, when I do I take a spudger (plastic pry tool) and open it up in 2 seconds.  Also, the mirrored area inside looks great after I polished it up!

The rest of the case?  Mint!  All lights work.  In pics you don't see Power or HDD lights on, the Omen used a different plug for the board than the one I have in it now.  Any other questions, feel free to ask.  Care for more pics or of different angles?  No problem Smile

I am doing my research to find a price that makes me happy, I am entertaining an offer right now.  Just putting a feeler out there... I will sell this case but I want to see what you all think of it and what it is worth!  thanks for looking Smile

GiGaLeOnZa

Back to top Go down

Post  East Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:03 pm

I have a captive thumbscrew similar to the type they used on the omen off an old DEC pc around here somewhere. Next time I come across it in my hardware bin I will post about it if its of any interest to who ever owns this at that point.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:33 am

well, I have just made an offer on this case... lets see if it finds a new home in the mediterranean....

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  East Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:55 am

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 Aa_zps5dce7353 It is very similar to those that lian li used. Some adaptation to the case would be be necessary. (you may have to weld the hole on the slider shut and redrill the correct size hole if it requires it be smaller.) The case will also need to be tapped. The standard lian li captive thumb screw has a thread specs that of the type of screws that hold the optical drives in. The captive thumbscrew I have has threads like the screws that hold power supplies and hard drives in. It depends on how much of a hack job you want to make out of it. / Level of your fabrication skills.

Alternatively you could try and locate a replacement black slider piece. It should interchange off other lian li cases. (I can tell you they are the same from my omen to my v2000) If you can find an entire case in poor enough condition (Somebody's failed mod attempt/done to bad taste?) cheap enough it may warrant buying the entire thing.

Found that captive thumb screw cool enough to Pull off an old DEC pc I had to let go a number of years back. Thought it would be nice for case modding but I have yet to use it for anything.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  GiGaLeOnZa Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:38 am

Yea the screw kind of is pressed into the slider, kind of like how threads are implantwd into platic in laptops.

Thanks for the heads up East, I could find a screw of similar size and thread to use but this case will find its home elsewhere and they can do that, too many other projects going on (house, car, etc.)

Also in the sale is the original radiator, reservior, pump and cpu water block (pump is not original, that died, but I bought a new lian li pump from newegg same model as original).

AxS has 1st dibs and sale pending.

GiGaLeOnZa

Back to top Go down

Post  East Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:59 am

You may also be able to go back to lian li with pictures of the slider piece and tell them you feel it came apart do to a product defect. (As you pointed out these are pressed in, The thumb screw should have broken apart before it became unpressed) (You may wish to tell them its a retail v1000 only because some manufactures try to push supplying of replacement parts back on the odm (system builder, aka voodoo now defunct)

Just explain the situation to them, What a pita it is to remove the side panel without it etc. They may be willing to sell you a replacement part / help you (or who ever gets this) out.

Be aware though that this style case has been discontinued by lian li for some years now and parts may not still be available.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  GiGaLeOnZa Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:10 pm

That's great info thank you. I will email them to see what happens Smile

GiGaLeOnZa

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:30 am

so, negotiations with GiGaLeOnZa have finished and it seems I will finally have a Full VooDoo case in my life... I will have to start looking into restoring it back to its original condition ... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
on another subject, does anyone know how to setup the VooDoo IOS so it starst up in your PC, or does it only run on the envy 133???

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:25 am

I started that project but haven't had time to hack it yet. It was only offered on envy 133 and had a special button to activate it. I have installed it to 2 different machines no problem, just can't get it to boot. I plan on either one hacking it open and taking all the icons, etc out of it and reskinning a version of ubuntu for our own custom mix or seeing if I can make it a independent OS and just dual boot as normal.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:04 pm

and how do you skin the OS??? because I have the installer, but I can't find to make it boot or try to get all the icons out of the files... I would like to get splahOS to run and then copy the VooDoo IOS files

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:07 pm

ADOR wrote:I started that project but haven't had time to hack it yet. It was only offered on envy 133 and had a special button to activate it. I have installed it to 2 different machines no problem, just can't get it to boot. I plan on either one hacking it open and taking all the icons, etc out of it and reskinning a version of ubuntu for our own custom mix or seeing if I can make it a independent OS and just dual boot as normal.
if you can make a skin for mint or ubuntu for us... it would be great... if not, if you can link us all the extracted icons and etc, we could make it work ourself....Very Happy 

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  East Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:04 pm

East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:16 pm

I have just received my Voodoo Rage/Omen case and have a few thing to fix...
does anyone know if I can replace the motherboard tray for a normal screw type of stand offs instead of the clippy type of standoffs...any lianli motherboard tray replacement that anyone knows of...
also does anyone know where I can buy the clippy standoffs as the case was shipped without them...

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  East Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:53 pm

The clips would have to be sourced from a v1000.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:14 pm

thanks for the response East
yeah, I already droped Lianli an email and asked them where to get the clips, so lets wait to see what they say....
in the meantime, is there any motherboard tray replacement that can fit this case that has the standard screw-in standoffs?
anyway, since this case is going to be used for another project, I have enough time to do the cable management and routing so it looks good when done....

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  East Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:29 am

Some of the old micron pc cases used similar type of clip in standoff. Same case as the early xps systems. Being dell they may have used a different mounting system for the motherboard though. (The case that the xps t700r and micron millennia / home mpc used.)
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  East Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Oddly enough one of those old dell xps crossed my bench for the first time in at least 4 years today. One thing led to another and the customer does not want it back they just want the data. Ill check it out for you when I get time. Maybe later tonight I really cant say though.

This is the type of millennia you would be looking for:
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:59 pm

East, if you could get me the standoffs I would really apreciate it... or at least point me to the ebay link to get them...
I am working on changing the leds on the case and trying to find out if the v1020 motherboard tray is able to fit....
Really happy I have bought this case, as its just F***ing beatiful...Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  East Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Doubtful v1020 is an extended form factor. ATX has 7 card slots the v1020 has 8.

I checked the dell it uses similar standoffs to the micron however instead of accepting a screw they have hooks on them. Leave it to dell to have to mess with something.

This is the micron i was thinking of. I gutted quite a few of them back in the day I may have some hardware laying around from one.

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 Aa_zpsacccca11

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 Aa_zps48cbdcf7

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 4 Aa_zps6f0cf5c9
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  OMEN Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:49 am

AxSnetworks wrote:East, if you could get me the standoffs I would really apreciate it... or at least point me to the ebay link to get them...
There is an online store that sells Lian li parts called SilverPC.com. They have a big warehouse for the parts and you can contact Jack 951-359-8898. I was able to talk to him long time ago the fact that I was looking for parts for my OMEN. He knows about the Voodoo Omen and the clip style motherboard standoffs. He also told me that I'll just let him know if there are parts that I need for my OMEN that is not listed on their website. Just take some pictures of the parts and email him and he will find it for you. I think they are the primary supplier of Lian Li parts in the US.

OMEN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next