The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
Seamaster and Iago's endless rehashing Bond thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
Seamaster and Iago's endless rehashing Bond thread - Page 14 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
Seamaster and Iago's endless rehashing Bond thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
Seamaster and Iago's endless rehashing Bond thread - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
Seamaster and Iago's endless rehashing Bond thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
Seamaster and Iago's endless rehashing Bond thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
Seamaster and Iago's endless rehashing Bond thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
Seamaster and Iago's endless rehashing Bond thread - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
Seamaster and Iago's endless rehashing Bond thread - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Seamaster and Iago's endless rehashing Bond thread

+2
agent1a
Iago
6 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Seamaster and Iago's endless rehashing Bond thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Seamaster and Iago's endless rehashing Bond thread

Post  Iago Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:06 pm

PhotoOtaku wrote:What, is something spelled wrong...?

{N-TYSH}
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Seamaster and Iago's endless rehashing Bond thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Seamaster and Iago's endless rehashing Bond thread

Post  Seamaster Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:12 pm

The thing that did intrigue me about the trailer is the big question it raises: Why authorize the hit on Bond in the first place?

As for PO's trailer: Why authorize all that bouncing?
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:25 am

I guess my interpretation of the trailer was that the other agent was supposed to be shooting the person who Bond was fighting with, and when she complains to M that she does not have a clear shot, M orders her to shoot anyway and she hits Bond by accident. Once again, time will tell.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:43 am

Ah, you may be quite correct. I missed that detail.

Now, where did I put my D hat . . .
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Granted, I have watched that trailer (both versions) several times now, since it has me cautiously stoked. If there is such a thing. Regardless, I have tried gleaning what I can from it.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:18 am

Did you get your order for the boxed set in? One month to go!

Season two of both The Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire come out next week, and the new Universal Classic Monsters collection comes out at the beginning of October, so it is going to be an expensive couple of months!

By the way, did you pick up Jaws? I watched the movie last weekend, along with both of the documentaries and all of the other special features (even though most of them came from the laserdisc boxed set, it has been a while since I watched them,) plus I re-read the book for good measure. It was a Jawstastic weekend!
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:41 pm

The last four months of the year are always expensive for me for various reasons (school fees, RESP contributions, birthdays and holiday-related costs among others). Might as well add some movie costs to the list.

I have not picked up Jaws yet, but I'm planning to do so next week. Likewise for Walking Dead and Boardwalk. And, yes, I placed my order for the boxed set, although I'm still a little put off at having to buy the same movies on Blu twice.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:57 am

Well, at least you did not already buy all of the movies on DVD. Wait a minute . . .

Look at it this way; I have owned all of the movies on VHS, Laserdisc, DVD, Blu-Ray, and Blu-Ray again. From a wastrel standpoint, I have you beat.

Also also, by the way, the Indiana Jones box is due in October. Plus E.T. and Lawrence of Arabia are coming, but those are single titles. And if you are interested, that Universal classic monsters set will include Dracula, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, The Wolf Man, The Phantom of the Opera and The Creature of the Black Lagoon. Plus, Universal is releasing a 15-disc Alfred Hitchcock collection, too!
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:27 am

MGM has announced single-disc releases to follow the boxed set. The catch is that they will be released a week later, and will be retailer exclusives, so you would have to buy some at Best Buy, some at WalMart, etc., at least for a few months. So there is an option to get the missing titles without ponying up for the ones that you already have. I will remain a sucker and just order the boxed set.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:06 pm

For further kicks, I had a discussion on a music group on Facebook about Surrender and how it wuz robbed of being the title song for Tomorrow Never Dies, so I got to digging on youtube to find "Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" to show how that had happened before. It appears that some enterprising soul has edited that song into the opening credits for the movie, and it is interesting:

Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:57 pm

I will likely also stick to the boxed set. And you have cost me plenty of coin. I want all that you listed!

I now have Jaws, too, but will not be able to view until next week.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:15 pm

I preordered the Universal Monsters collection. Since it mostly collects the original films and not the sequels, I might have justified skipping it on the grounds that the omission of Bride of Frankenstein was unacceptable, but it was a shrewd move on Universal's part to include just that one sequel. Now I cannot pass it up. Los bastardos.

I did order The Walking Dead season 2 from Amazon for $29.99, which was cheaper than WalMart or Target locally, but I did not pick up Boardwalk Empire yet. Plus it just sank in that the third season of Spartacus is coming out any day now as well. Ye gods.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:50 pm

Well, there is that line of thought that says we could all die tomorrow. Might as well enjoy life while you can.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:30 am

Well, on that front, did you see that Scream Factory is releasing a Blu-Ray special edition of They Live?
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:16 am

No. When is that coming out?
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:05 am

November. Not all the specs are listed yet, but at a minimum it will have a commentary track (presumably a new one, as I do not think that Carpenter has done a commentary for that) and Scream Factory is also promising a bunch of archival stuff. But frankly they had me at "Blu-Ray," with or without the extras!
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:29 pm

Just posted on Scream Factory's FB page:

- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director John Carpenter and Actor Roddy Piper
_ Independent Thoughts – A new interview with Writer/Director John Carpenter
- Man vs. Aliens – An interview with Actor Keith David
- Woman of Mystery – An interview with Actress Meg Foster
- Watch, Look, Listen: The Sights & Sounds of “They Live” – A look at the visual style, stunts and music from the film with Director of Photography Gary B. Kibbe, Stunt Coordinator Jeff Imada, and Co-Composer Alan Howarth
- 2012 Cast Reunion Q&A with Roddy Piper, Keith David, and Meg Foster. Presented by Ain’t It Cool News and Texas Frightmare Weekend.
- Original EPK: The Making of “They Live”
- Never-Before-Seen Footage from the Commercials created for the film.
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Still Gallery

Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:07 pm

Only thing missing is the South Park homage. Perhaps that will be an Easter egg.

I'm stoked by this release. I only wish it was coming out earlier, in time for Halloween. At least the classic monster collection should be out in October, or has the release date changed?
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:23 am

October 2. I was just checking my Wishlist on Amazon for the date, and it is worth noting that we also have a Criterion version of The Game coming, as well as Blu-Rays for Dark Star, The Duellists and a long-awaited Director's Cut of the 1986 version of Little Shop of Horrors, with the "everyone dies and the plants take over the Earth" ending. Plus, of course, the even longer-awaited Blu-Ray for Deep Rising (paired with The Puppet Masters, and a Mill Creek title to boot, so I am not holding my breath on picture quality. But considering the terrible non-anamorphic DVD out there, it has to be at least a minor upgrade.)
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:12 am

I loved The Game. Brilliant movie. I envy anyone who gets to watch that movie for the first time.

Funny you mention Deep Rising. I was never really waiting for that one!
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:51 pm

There are several movies for which you can never repeat your first experience, like The Game, Fight Club and The Sixth Sense. (Funny how two of those are Fincher movies!) I have the old Criterion LD for The Game and it was a wonderful special edition; if they simply port over all the features from that and have a stellar HD transfer, I will be happy. If they add more, I will be happier!

Yes, I know you were not waiting for Deep Rising. I am quite aware of your lack of depth of character in that regard!
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:49 pm

By the way, Cabin in the Woods certainly qualifies in the "first time" list -- not that you would know!
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Semi-back to topic, just spotted this at IGN:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/07/skyfall-opening-sequence-featurette

It does appear to put some of the shots in the trailer into context. Actually, quite a bit of the trailer seems to come from the opening, though not in the order they will appear in the movie. You may still be skeptical, but I am digging it!
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:58 pm

As mentioned in the other active thread, I will have to check out the article later.

I'm interested in the next Bond movie for sure, but I am skeptical about overall quality. I am hoping to proved otherwise.

Cabin will, at some point, be a first-time experience. Unfortunately, when I got around to watching it, it was no longer in theatres. I will have to resort to the Blu-ray release.

Attacking my depth of character (or lack thereof)? Now what?
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:38 am

Just a friendly intervention. You must, sooner or later, come to grips with your failure to appreciate that cinematic classic. After that, we will go to work on Lake Placid. But as with all things in life, the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first few steps.

Cabin hits Blu-Ray next Tuesday, so busy or not, do try to squeeze it in if you are able. I am dying to hear what you think of it.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next