The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
First experience with tigerdirect, not so good. EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
First experience with tigerdirect, not so good. EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
First experience with tigerdirect, not so good. EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
First experience with tigerdirect, not so good. EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
First experience with tigerdirect, not so good. EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
First experience with tigerdirect, not so good. EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
First experience with tigerdirect, not so good. EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
First experience with tigerdirect, not so good. EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
First experience with tigerdirect, not so good. EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

First experience with tigerdirect, not so good.

5 posters

Go down

First experience with tigerdirect, not so good. Empty First experience with tigerdirect, not so good.

Post  ADOR Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:25 am

Well since I placed my order for this.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7750562&CatId=5294

I have been waiting for it to come in. I leave the rig and head for home in two more days so it should be there for me to get started on when I got home. I got a delivery notice yesterday and never looked at it. This morning messaging mom I asked if it came in and she said no. So I went back to my email and check the delivery notice. They had shipped my package too NAPERVILLE, IL. I don't live in Napperville, IL. So I double checked my shipping info again. Yep, correct Louisiana address. So I message them this morning telling them what I had seen and asked about some kind of update as I see two parts of the package are showing returned. Well I didn't get a message back from them but my Paypal account was credited 219 from them. Only problem with that is the parts are no longer on sale and the full price I paid was 230. The didn't refund the shipping, going to send them another message to see what is going on. This may turn into a pick a motherboard for the Hexx thread if I can't get anything out of them.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

First experience with tigerdirect, not so good. Empty Re: First experience with tigerdirect, not so good.

Post  East Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:36 am

That is really weird. I have spent a lot of money with them over the years. Only problem I ever had with them was over a laptop. They never disclosed at the time of sale that the laptop was a drop shipment from the manufacture and they were being built as orders were placed. a month later when there was still no laptop I called them up only to find out that there rep that took my order for it over the phone never disclosed that. I canceled the order with that rep but that didn't stop it from showing up on my doorstep 6 months later. At this point the thing was 7 months old and obsolete technology. I refused it and double checked they never billed me for it.
East
East

http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

First experience with tigerdirect, not so good. Empty Re: First experience with tigerdirect, not so good.

Post  killerwill Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:37 am

I'm not a tigerdirect fan. My newegg fan. But I'd say call them and they should work with you once you tell them what happened.

killerwill

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:50 am

It sucks when the onus is on the customer to make things right. That's poor customer service, but I agree that you should follow up, ADOR. Maybe the situation can still be rectified.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:55 am

I bought a camera from them once and as I recall everything went more smoothly, but on the other hand nothing about the experience has ever made me go back to order anything else from them. Good luck!
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:34 pm

I usually do most if not all of my pc shopping at newegg, though I would give tigerdirect a try. I sent another message but haven't heard back from them yet. Just have to see.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down