The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!!

+5
ADOR
Iago
Seamaster
East
AxSnetworks
9 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!!

Post  AxSnetworks Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:59 am

I am trying to conect to the webpage, but it seems down... I will keep on searching for the motherboard standoffs, but if there is a european warehouse, it would be better as I would pay less shipment.Very Happy

edit... there seems to be an S missing in the link Razz http://silverpcs.com/

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!!

Post  OMEN Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:15 am

Try to email jack. He might know a Lian Li supplier in Europe.

OMEN

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:01 am

yeah, dropped him a line because I couldn't find the motherboard standoffs in the webpage... so waiting for his feedback to buy a few things that my Voodoo is missing...

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  GiGaLeOnZa Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:57 pm

I have the stand-offs, trying to figure out how to get them to you for cheap, US Post office wants $45 to ship a small package! I'll see if I can get away with sending them in an envelope, that'd only be $8.

chaning LEDs already? how ambitious! I loved this case, I just wish the original owner didn't get rid of the original water-cooled GPUs and such.

Enjoy, I will keep up with the post to see how your project progresses! I also sent ya a PM about the stand-offs. I'll ship them this week!

GiGaLeOnZa

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:30 pm

yeah, changing the front leds is the easy part, as it uses normal 5mm leds, I was thinking of going with green leds, but then I opened the top leds, which I found out is PCB of leds custom made (really awesome craftsmanship) so now I think all I am going to do is have a thermal switch, so the top only lights up under heavy load (still trying to figure out if I will go thermal or PWM)...
for the time being, I am looking at a new top for the 350 pump, and a new SR1-240 radiator as this case has a huge space for radiators in the front, thanks to not having the second HDD cage Very Happy 
already have a WD icepack to fit a SSD in the case, and working on cable management from the start, while trying to fix the broken top...
Anyone know where I could get the original VooDoo fan grills??? or have the file to have them custom made??? (maybe laser cut or something)

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  GiGaLeOnZa Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:22 am

Lian-li has the grills I believe, as ibwas looking for them a few years back when I got the case: http://www.lian-li.com/en/products-chassis-accessories/#84/1/list part pt-g03b

GiGaLeOnZa

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:59 am

I am not talking about the wire ones, I am talking about the ones that have the VooDoo logo cut out of them... seem to have seen them somewhere but right now I cant remember Sad 

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  East Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Those were on the F class and I believe that system used 80mm fans, The omen uses 120mm.
East
East

http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:09 pm

could you post pictures of the fangrill so I can upscale them to a 120mm?
thanks in advance

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  East Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:51 pm

I assume you are going to cnc these. To do it right you would have to get them nickle plated afterwards as well. Then buff to a mirror shine.

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 Dlpicpaperzdesmondofish

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 T8c4

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 Gwmk

Might have more on my drive, Don't have time to search right now though.

quick cleanup:
VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 Ld4l

It would probably be easier just to draw it out in autocad or something. While not the best that gives you a good idea of the basic design.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:15 pm

Thanks a million East, that is exactly what I was lookin for... I will try to make them out of aluminum, and have them brushed...let see what comes out of this...
thanks also for the jpg, you have just given me my new wallpaper!! Very Happy

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  East Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Probably wouldn't be too hard to make if you started by scaling the logo to the size of a 120mm fan and cut out a blank square the size of a 120mm fan and went from there.
East
East

Back to top Go down

VooDoo Rage F5 or Omen V1, OBTAINED!!! - Page 5 Empty Very glad I sold my case to such a worthy successor!

Post  GiGaLeOnZa Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:51 am

I just thought I was selling the case so somebody who just really wanted a unique case. Heck I shipped it to Spain. But watching this thread evolve has shocked me more than I thought it would.

CNC'ing new voodoo logos? making fan grills and restoring it completely?? SO ambitious! I love it! Very glad you are going to have so much fun with it Smile

GiGaLeOnZa

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:03 am

well, the fan grills are being placed in the back burners as the guy that I had asked to make them says he does´t make fangrills with somebody else's logo ... whatever that means ???
so now on to the leds... I am debating between using the dell xps leds so I can switch between color at will, or use lian li 13cm ledstrip in green color...
so far I have removed as much of the sticky gunk that leaves behind the double side tape, have a SR1-240 on the front, and still thinking if I should keep the DDC or go D5 on it...
I will only be cooling the CPU, so I want the most silent pump possible...
also, has anyone managed to change the 240mm front fan support to a 280mm front fan support... I have been toying with the idea, but don´t want to alter the original condition of the case if its not worth it... is a 280mm radiator so much of a difference, or should i go 240mm + 120mm ?
thanks again guys for the help

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Hello Guys
I have just obtained a sabertooth X58 motherboard for cheap from a store that was closing its business... they said that the motherboard came from a machine they upgraded but they did not know if it worked or not... long story short, the motherboard smells like tabaco (one of the horrors of used PC parts here in Spain), and has one of the CPU pins a little bent... so the question is, should I risk and try to bend the pin back, and test the motherboard? or should I just give up on it, and not risk killing the I7?...
The CPU is in another machine and its working perfectly, so killing it is not an option...
thanks in advance

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:40 pm

I don't think you'll kill the i7. I suspect if there is a problem, the computer simply won't post. But, I could be mistaken. Might be safest to wait for someone better versed in this stuff to chime in.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  East Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:28 am

From my experience it is only after the motherboard is dead that it usually gets poorly handled thus resulting in said bent cpu pin. Working boards useually get handled with more care and once assembled do not get disassembled until there is a problem. (Non enthusiast pc's)

As far as damaging the cpu, It depends on the the condition of the board's vrm circuit. If there are no problems with that and the pin you bent back is only contacting what it should be, seamaster is correct it will just fail to post.

With the advent of digital pwm's I do not believe it is as simple as powering the board on without a cpu and taking a reading anymore, Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

I always test these things in stages especially if I am unfamiliar with the boards past history. Start with a power supply you care nothing about because bad boards have a tenancy to fry those as well. (I find the ones out of emachines desktops work well for this)

First thing I would do is bend the cpu pin back and power it on with no other components, See how the board reacts without ram, cpu and video card. See if it shows any signs of life what so ever, See if the power present led illuminates, When you power it on see if the power on led illuminates. If you get this far the board should produce beep error codes that indicate a lack of hardware. This means if you gave it the proper components it would attempt to post. It means the bios image isnt corrupt and the board is trying to load it and continue with post however it is unable do to a lack of components.

x58 northbridges run hot, If you manage to save the board you will have to deal with the smell of the tobacco burning off of it for a while.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:50 am

well, lucky me, I had the original purchase ticket and the ASUS warranty for this board, and it seems it has a 5 year warranty instead of the normal 2... so its on her way to germany to be checked by ASUS...
I did not wanna risk a CPU that was not mine to test this board....so lets se what they say...
thanks anyway for the help

on a side note, probably tomorrow I will have the omens motherboard arrive, so by the weekend it will be up and running... curiosly all the hardware going into it is from the days of HP/VooDoo (2010,before all hope was lost when Raul quit from HP), I will post some pictures from it over the weekend...

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  East Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Honestly I am not even sure they will check it since it is under warranty, They might just throw it in the pile of fresh boards and give you one they have "tested" Depends on how backed up there technicians are and company policy I suppose.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:47 am

Hello Guys
the motherboard arrived yesterday and the Omen is up and running... and in all honesty, and not because its mine or anything, but its beautiful!!!!
The one thing I still can't figure out is the media card reader..., it shows up in windows, but once I insert an SD card it does not do anything... so long story short, does anybody know of a replacement part for the mediacard reader???
thanks in advance

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:03 am

Hello Again...
Guys, one question, I thought the Voodoo/HP omen where never set on sale, so my surprise is to find this:
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/guru3d_rig_of_the_month_february_2014.html
so, are they rare as in unicorn, or as rare as endangered species????
gotta say that they look beautiful...

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:27 pm

so I just figured out that my card reader works just fine, the issues is that is not compatible with SDXC/SDHC, does anyone know of a direct or semidirect replacement for the omen card reader?
thanks in advace

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  East Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:43 am

HP omen was a limited production run. about 30 units made it into consumers hands. It was pretty much an invitation only sale. You had to be invited to purchase one. If I could have come up with the cash I could have probably gotten in on it. 7k is just a lot of money to come up with in a couple of months time. Other downside was the system is extremely proprietary. I would hate to have spent all that money and then be stuck in a situation where I cant get the proper replacement parts to keep it running. Even with the water cooled power supply and the other vast amounts of bullshit on that thing I would undertake the project should one ever pop up.

If you figure out an upgrade path for the card reader id be interested too. Mine is completely fried and eats any card that is inserted into it; I just unplugged it for good measure. I have checked every system that passes through me bound for the scrap heap and thus far I have not found a bolt in replacement.
East
East

Back to top Go down

Post  AxSnetworks Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:28 am

well, if I know some replacement for the media card...

meanwhile and as a side note, does anyone know of someone selling a blackbird 002 case??? I would like to buy anotherone as I sold the one I had and now I regret it.... Sad 

AxSnetworks

Back to top Go down

Post  ADOR Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:58 am

I think there is still one on ebay right now but they want a good amount for it. I am looking at the firebird they have on there right now also.
ADOR
ADOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next