The Other Bench
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Christmas 2023
It is official -- God help me. - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 12:46 pm by ADOR

» Voodoo desktop keyboard on ebay
It is official -- God help me. - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 6:05 am by ADOR

» All finished!
It is official -- God help me. - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 5:22 pm by ADOR

» A bad Omen appears in the night...
It is official -- God help me. - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 5:04 pm by ADOR

» Hope everyone had a Good Christmas and New Years.
It is official -- God help me. - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2023 6:44 pm by Rozzinator

» Ebay OMEN White and water cooled 2800
It is official -- God help me. - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 am by ADOR

» eBay voodoo mouse 320 dollars
It is official -- God help me. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:34 pm by ADOR

» looking to sell
It is official -- God help me. - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm by gameboy3800

» New voodoo on ebay
It is official -- God help me. - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:51 am by ADOR

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

It is official -- God help me.

+3
agent1a
Seamaster
Iago
7 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

It is official -- God help me. - Page 6 Empty Re: It is official -- God help me.

Post  Iago Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:16 pm

Yes, it is very frustrating when they continually support the status quo.

I spent some time brainstorming on Sunday with a resident who wants to help my campaign. I am putting together a flyer, which we can hand out, and she is going to try to get some people to host "meet the candidate" parties and invite their neighbors. I also set up a Facebook page for my campaign, and am working on getting a list of residents to search for (and to send emails to as well.) This is getting a bit more involved than I intended!
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

It is official -- God help me. - Page 6 Empty Re: It is official -- God help me.

Post  agent1a Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Iago wrote:.. "meet the candidate" parties a....

same as bribery

hookers too at the party Question i`ll be there too then - don`t forget sweet jane pirat
agent1a
agent1a

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:24 am

There was some kind of subtext going on at the meeting last night. A couple of board members made sotto voce comments about watching what they say, and there was not one but two reporters from the paper. Once of them interviewed us regarding the web boadcast of the meeting. (Which, by the way, worked much better this time. We switched to a webcam and used the village's hardwired internet connection.) I overheard a couple of the board members talking about having meetings with the paper -- which may have been about something else, but still . . .
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  ethelred Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:38 am

Iago wrote:Yes, it is very frustrating when they continually support the status quo.

I spent some time brainstorming on Sunday with a resident who wants to help my campaign. I am putting together a flyer, which we can hand out, and she is going to try to get some people to host "meet the candidate" parties and invite their neighbors. I also set up a Facebook page for my campaign, and am working on getting a list of residents to search for (and to send emails to as well.) This is getting a bit more involved than I intended!

Knowing how these things work, it sounds like you are probably doing more than all of the rest of the incumbents put together. If this becomes evident to the electorate, your chances are greatly improved.

ethelred
ethelred

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:43 am

I can hope!
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:32 am

Sounds like the board members are tightly knit, suggesting they suffer from thinking as a unit and will do what it takes to cover each other's backs. The good news is that they probably make the mistake of thinking they hold a unanimous front when they do not. Expoilt that.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:18 pm

I am discovering some of the alliances through other sources. Amazing how a small town can feel like Washington sometimes.

There is going to be an article on our recording and broadcasting the board meetings in the next issue of the paper. Plus, there is an "underground" local newspaper that publishes irregularly; apparently it will have an issue prior to the election. I am trying to get something into it.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  agent1a Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:18 pm

hire an private investigator to find some dirt on them - oh but wait that small town doesn't believe in dirty politics
agent1a
agent1a

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:14 pm

I assume that the underground paper is willing to publish things that the regular paper will not?
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:31 pm

It is published by someone who used to work for the regular paper and left to do his own thing because he wanted the freedom.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Good for him. It takes courage to do that.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:34 am

I may try to get an ad in his paper.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  ethelred Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:01 am

I may try to get an ad in his paper

I would be concerned as to how widely the paper is being read by the "mainstream" voter. You don't want to do anything that can be perceived as radical. You want to be perceived as a breath of fresh air, not the vagrant who can't find a ride out of town and decided to stay.
ethelred
ethelred

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Actually, his paper is widely read in town. It helps that it is free, but there are a lot of people in this town who enjoy an alternative to the Sun.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Funny. Doesn't matter where you are in the world. Anything is better than The Sun.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:35 pm

{N-TYSH}
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:05 am

Here is the story on our web broadcasts:

http://www.osceolasun.com/detail/69113.html
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:04 am

Glad to see you've been able to keep your distance and have not gotten too involved! I know that was a concern of yours from the beginning . . .

(Loved the comment about being technologically savvy. Brings back fond memories of dicussions around where to find the On switch.)

You know, the voting public are going to see how commited you are. You may pull this off.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:18 am

Yes, it is all completely out-of-hand. I am actually "campaigning" now. I even spent all of last night making up a flyer, something that I definitely did not want to do. But there is another resident who is actively campaigning on the behalf of me and one other candidate, and she is setting up "Meet and Greet" events at several different households, so she wants to have the flyers to hand out. I made the flyer into a combined flyer and invitation to the events.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  agent1a Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:16 pm

""Horatio:
He waxes desperate with imagination.
Marcellus:
Let's follow. 'Tis not fit thus to obey him.
Horatio:
Have after. To what issue will this come?
Marcellus:
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
Horatio:
Heaven will direct it.
Marcellus:
Nay, let's follow him. [Exeunt.]""

There's a reason he says "state of Denmark" rather than just Denmark: the fish is rotting from the head down—all is not well at the top of the political hierarchy

agent1a
agent1a

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamaster Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:11 am

Don't be a codpiece.
Seamaster
Seamaster

Back to top Go down

Post  East Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:30 pm

Iago wrote:It is not posted online yet, but the "jew" comment did not make the paper. A little birdie told me that the reporter did indeed hear the comment and others were contacted to verify if they heard the same thing, but the publisher declined to run it. It is always delightful to see that local journalism is just as dead as national journalism.

Iago wrote:Oh, there is no doubt. I provided all the materials that I uncovered about the board member with the criminal (and civil) record, and they said that they already had the information. They just do not want to do anything with it.

It sounds like you uncovered corruption/bribery and your not even on the board yet.

Unfortunately any attempt by you to bring this into the public eye is just going to make it look like your slinging mud, Which isn't usually a good image to project. But if it were to come out after you were on the board, well that would be a different story...
East
East

http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Actually, it came out BEFORE I started running for the board. All of the information regarding the board member with the criminal and civil record was in our brief in the suit that we filed against the Village in small claims court.
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  East Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Iago wrote:Actually, it came out BEFORE I started running for the board. All of the information regarding the board member with the criminal and civil record was in our brief in the suit that we filed against the Village in small claims court.

Ah, I skimmed through it to bring my self up to date and I must have missed something.
East
East

http://www.gamersgen.org/ggsmf

Back to top Go down

Post  Iago Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:10 am

Oh, it is a regular little nighttime soap opera around here!
Iago
Iago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next